1) Teams will be staying in the former Bennettsville School in Bennettsville, South Carolina. The school is located at 1106 Hamlet Highway, Bennettsvile, S.C. It is next to the Latter Reign Ministries Church. The school is very spacious with lots of classrooms. It is fully air conditioned and heated.
2) Plan to arrive around mid-afternoon or later on the Sunday you are scheduled to arrive. We usually plan to eat Supper around 6:00 PM. If you are going to arrive later, no problem. Just let us know if you will eat your supper on the road.
3) Sleeping quarters are in separate classrooms for girls, boys, team leaders, and families (if desired). There are private bathroom/showers sections, each equipped with 2-3 toilets and 2-3 showers. Everyone will need to bring their own twin sized sheets, blankets, and pillows (or sleeping bags). Our beds have hospital style mattresses and extra long twin sheets work best. You also need to bring basic toiletry items including towels. Toilet tissue is provided by MHM.
4) Items such as fans, extension cords/cord bars, water bottles, flashlights, work gloves, insect repellants, sunscreen, and snack items are recommended.
5) Our Meals will consist of the following: Breakfast - various Breakfast items as specified in advance by each team. Each team will be responsible for preparing their own Breakfasts and cleanup.
Lunches - sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc. prepared by each team member. Dinners/Suppers - full course meals including meat, vegetables, and desserts as well as Southern Sweet Tea. Our MHM cooks will be preparing the Dinner meals. Teams will be responsible for fixing and packing their own lunches. MHM will have all basic items needed in our kitchen to prepare the lunches. We have several refrigerators and freezers for food storage and any medications that would require refrigeration.
6) There are numerous grocery stores located in Bennettsville, S.C.. There is also a Walmart nearby in Laurinburg, N.C.. It is a 25 minute drive.
7) Mode of Dress: Long shorts or pants (jeans or capris are fine), T-shirts, sweatshirts, sneakers, and sandals are okay for everyday wear. Dress modestly! Bring swimsuits and hiking shoes/boots or closed toed sandals. There will be an opportunity to swim and hike on Thursday at our weekly cookout at Cheraw State Park in Cheraw, S.C.
8) Materials to Bring (Voluntary): Teams usually ask us what they could bring. We suggest items such as cleaning materials, paint supplies, food items, and toiletry items. These are donated items used at the ministry outreach sites.
9) Small basic hand tools and battery or electric powered tools are good to bring for basic home repair.
10) Bring your Bibles and any musical instrument for worship. We will have devotions and debriefs everyday.
11) There is a laundry mat a short distance from the school, if needed.
12) Departure is on Friday of your scheduled week, after our final devotion and everything is packed up and the building is cleaned.
***If you need additional info, please let us know. We are here to serve you!***
DAILY SCHEDULE ( Sample ):
Sunday - Afternoon arrival, Unload and Settle in, Supper, Orientation and Get Aquainted
Monday to Wednesday - Wakeup, Personal Devotion Time, Breakfast, Group Devotion, Pack Lunches, Depart for Worksites, Arrive Back by 4:00pm
Thursday - R & R Day at Cheraw State Park - Cookout, Hiking, Swimming, Volleyball, etc. These activities are free to MHM participants and provided by Mountain Heritage Missions .We also encourage our participants to take some time and get alone with the Lord to reflect on what HE has done and what HE may be showing you and/or saying to you while you are here.
** On your computer, Google "Cheraw State Park” for more info.
Friday - Wakeup, Personal Devotion Time, Breakfast, Group Devotion, Pack Up, Clean Up, Depart for Home
*** Each Evening there will be Debrief Sessions, Testimonials, Prayer, and Worship Time ***